Dr Yusuf Cakmak
University of Otago
Dr Cakmak’s researches focus on the neuromodulation of internal organs and the brain structures to modulate their functions and blood flow. A secondary research field is to build VR/AR assisted medical devices.
- Non-invasive external electrostimulator for Parkinson’s Disease (Clinical Trial)
- Non-invasive vestibular nerve stimulation (collaboration with Harvard University and Singapore University Imagery Lab)
- A Non-invasive electrostimulation device to modulate the internal organ blood flow (Prototype development by Soutwest Reseach Institute, Texas)
- (WO 2014183790 A1) A system for decreasing the blood flow of a targeted organ’s artery with an electrical stimulation – Granted in Japan, US pending
- (WO2014207512) An Electro-Stimulation device (for Parkinson’s Disease symptoms), US pending